Monday, January 20, 2014

Just Short


Today could have been the day that I said Brennan has gone two months without a seizure, but instead we started the clock over on Saturday. Brennan was playing basketball with friends in front of our house when he had the tonic clonic seizure. He didn't get hurt.  It was brief.  He didn't need oxygen and he knew his buzzword quickly. I wasn't home, but Alan was. 

I am both disappointed that Brennan had a seizure (I want 100% seizure freedom), and relieved that there was an almost two month break in between.  In those nearly two months we stopped feeling the constant anxiety of regular seizures (calls from the school to remind us of a day off still raise the blood pressure until we hear the recorded message). Alan and I had a weekend to ourselves in Scottsdale (kids were with their older cousin). Brennan spent a day by himself walking to a less-than-mile-away mall and went to a movie and then walked to his school and a park near the school (the last two places were not our list and like an ordinary teenager he got a lovely lecture).  

Now I will continue to put pennies in every fountain I pass, make wishes every time there's a shooting star or my clock says 11:11, plan my exact desire to ponder when blowing candles when I turn 46 next month, and will of course beg with every prayer for Brennan to be able to live his life seizure free. Or at the very least that we make it to the whole two months and then longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

At the beep please leave a message. BEEP.