Sunday, March 21, 2010

Preparations

Went shopping yesterday with Brennan to buy some fancy duds for his day on Capital Hill.  We had already bought a suit we thought would work for both this and his upcoming Bar Mitzvah, but Alan decided that it was too dressy and sent the two of us to buy a sport coat, dress pants, and nice shoes.  He forgot to give us some guidelines on taste and decency before we left.  And he sent US to get the clothes. 

We found a really nice sport coat (dark with thin blue and white pin stripes) in the men's section.  It was a 36 short, but we were told the brand ran small and was more like a 34.  I know women's sizing and when to go from the Toddler section of Target to the Big Boy or Big Girl section of Target.  I don't know 36 short or 34 or whatever.  I know that it looked damn good on my boy.  And he will leave an impression I'm sure with the turquoise dress shirt and green tie (that match his glasses).  It was also adorable to watch Brennan wear his pants to be marked for some tailoring--I went with cuffs because his dad is a cuff man.  I got a little teary by the end of all this shopping (and not just because of the price tag of it all).  I'm so proud of Brennan for having the courage to be his own person.  Pick his own green tie.  And feel comfortable enough to want to learn how to be an advocate for other kids. 

As for my own preparations.  I did a little shopping last week.  And now I am doing echinacea, peroxide gargles, saline nose spray, salt gargles, Airborne, lots of water, apples, and HOT wings.  All an attempt to move this nasty head cold that moved in just yesterday.  Out!  Out damn cold!  I don't have time for you!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

At the beep please leave a message. BEEP.