Friday, October 18, 2013

A Positive Outlook

Brennan wrote this last year for school:
I am Positive

I am Positive.
I have had a lot to be mad or sad about.
What can you do, shit happens.
But overtime I stay positive.
I have had terrible things happen to me.
I try to enjoy life for what it’s worth.
Sometimes I wonder if my god is just pissing on me just for the fun of it.
When people ask,
How I stay as strong as I am?
I really just don’t know what to tell them.
Sometimes I just don't see myself as strong.
Sure, I have gone though some scary shit,
If you saw it you might just crap your pants.
If you asked me how I stayed strong I would answer I am not strong, 
I am positive.

I have gone through life and always been an optimist 
hell, I still am 
even after all the shit that happens to me.

I only am typing this to you readers because 
can’t tell you what will happen next.

The door I go through could lead to several different rooms
preferably to a bright, colorful room full of life.
But it could lead to a dark, morbid room lifeless and full of pain.

What has happened to make me like this?
The past happened. We can’t change it.
But the past is not what is making me so down,
But the Future, 
and even worse the Possibilities of what it might hold.

Now you see and say there’s Cheerful Phil
But really I sit deep in the shadow of fear.
Fear knowing I can’t ever escape my weakness.
Because shit just follows me every where.
But you know what?

Shit happens.
Yet I am optimistic.
More importantly, I stay Positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

At the beep please leave a message. BEEP.