Monday, October 14, 2013

7 Year Itch

Today is the 7 year anniversary of Brennan's first seizure (click if you want to read that story).  It's been a long journey with one nearly three year break in between seizures.  Today Brennan is no longer seizure free.  Today we are days away from a surgery that has doctors using the word cure (no guarantee, but there is a chance and it's the goal).  Today we are hopeful and scared.

I don't know what to say about today's anniversary or today's nervous anticipation.  I just want the best for my son and I am not a patient person.  I want this surgery to work and I want to be past this and looking back at the journey we had with gratitude and a son who has his driver's license.

I will try to update this blog during the hospitalization.  

Here's some information that explains a little bit of what the surgery will be (only without the puppet parts or tickling his brain to make him move or having him read while tickling another part...I think).


No comments:

Post a Comment

At the beep please leave a message. BEEP.